Saturday, January 1, 2011

So...it's 11:42pm January 01, 2011 and I am having trouble sleeping. I've been piddling around on Facebook. I'm still not sure if it's a God send or the Devils work. JK
Insomnia : Sleeplessness <- is that a word?..ha ha!
Is it because of illness or just old age sneaking up on me?
Troublesome since the first reason is prevalent these days.
A little over a year from now I was so healthy and full of life I ran 3 to 5 miles a day AND did cardio and Tai Chi for 2 hours a day! For months now it is all I can do to make it through the day with the basic essentials, shower, food, work.
Enjoying the better days with friends and family is who I am....not this.
So, today/tonight I ride the downward portion of the roller coaster but I will end it with wonderful memories and thoughts of the year 2010 we leave behind.
2010
Alan and I watched our little girl Mercedes graduate from high school.
   She's not a little girl anymore. I know but, she will always be my baby.
   I came home from work one day after Mercedes moved out (she's back home now)...anyways,
   Alan met me at the door as usual but he was sad and sullen. I asked what was wrong and he
   said he missed our little girl. God I love this man! He is such a wonderful beautiful man!
My BFF Sarah was made a grandma for the first time and her eldest son was married.
  JLynn is adorable and healthy and her grandmas happiness is so wonderful. It makes me happy.
My dad came to visit for Mercy's graduation.
  We (Alan and me) took him to Independence LA, to see his sister for the final time.
My daughter Stephanie got engaged to Treavor Bell. Hallelujah!
   Our family from the valley and all of our friends gathered to celebrate the engagement with Steph.
Alan and I made wonderful friendships with our F-Dock buddies at the marina.
   We went on the Harvest Moon Regatta - didn't quite make it to Port Aransas but, we did it with some      great friends!
We spent days of spring and summer on the water with family and friends.
Alan just enjoyed an adventure assisting S/V Storyville on a Gulf Crossing to Key West FL.
I wish I would've been there making that mooring ball....................I was.

So, lots to be thankful for. Off to bed now.....If only I had won the lottery.....I sorta did :-)
Thank you God for all you have done and allowed me to be a part of somehow.

No comments:

Post a Comment