Sunday, January 2, 2011

Good Morning Sunshine !
I realize if you don't know me well or at all then the title of this blog is ...what? LOL
So, I'm going to give you some insight :-)

My early childhood was the greatest!
Every weekend my mom, dad and I would go visit with my grandparents - DD and PauPau. They were the greatest! I guess you could say I was a little spoiled. In my defense though it wasn't my fault. I was a good kid, very inquisitive, not afraid of much during the daytime and, oh did I like to push the limits.
I think I"m lucky in the sense I can remember way back. Back to when I was just 3 years old actually pretty vividly.
On with the story....
I had a slight lisp or verbal infraction as a child. I couldn't sound some letters of the alphabet correctly. Again, not my fault God made me this way. I also enjoyed the sound of certain words so much it filled me with giggles and extreme joy. Actually, it still happens today. One of my favorite words is Shankupottomus - awe, pure joy.
Well, when I was 3 my DD and my mom were cooking Sunday supper. Chicken and dumplings mmmm!
I was helping of course and playing with the chicken floating in the sink when the yucky package stuck inside came out. Eww! I immediately asked what it was and my mom told me it was innards and gizzards. I of course thought the words were hilarious and couldn't possibly be real words. After many explanations and the famous why why whys of a 3 year old, my DD finally told me it was the Chicken Butt. Well why didn't they just say that in the beginning! LOL
From that day on when my DD wanted to tell me something that she thought I needed to really know it was preceded with "Guess what? Chicken Butt" and not only did I know she loved me but to this day it brings me joy.
I've since found occasionally as an adult other Chicken Butt kids. People who with there own stories on how the phrase "Guess what? Chicken Butt" entered into their lives, usually by someone really dear to them.
I've made sure each of my children as well as  other children I know and love have the "Guess what? Chicken Butt" love too.
Thank you DD.

No comments:

Post a Comment