Friday, January 7, 2011

Hiccups a  funny word.
It is a funny and irritating condition too wouldn't you agree?
I actually enjoy them to some extent. They make me giggle and feel alive.The consensus is the hiccup is caused by spasms of the diaphragm. No one seems to have a scientific explanation for why they begin or what purpose they serve. I guess it is just one of the vast things we aren't meant to understand.

I also enjoy the sneeze.
Another funny word. Sometimes irritating too.
Several possible origins are commonly given. The common blessing after a sneeze is another thing.
It is believed that "bless you" may have started during the plague. The Pope enacted the term when one would sneeze to protect those from the plague in Rome. This continued as different plagues occurred and was then passed down generation to generation. At the time, sneezing was thought to be an early symptom of the plague. "God bless you!" became a common effort to halt the disease.

Another says that we used to believe that sneezing opened your body to invasion by evil spirits or the devil or that sneezing was your body's effort to force out an invading evil spirit. Thus, "bless you" or "God bless you" is used as a sort of shield against evil.

Alternatively, it may be possible that the phrase began simply as a response for an event that was not well understood at the time.

Also not understood is the Deja vu.
Scientists have no real quantified explanation for this either. Speculations range over 40 or more reasons of origin. Scientifically it is believed again a spasm this time in our brain causes a flash lapse in memory. So fast that you experience the moment and then your body processes the memory so fast that when your conscience acknowledges it you believe you have already been there or done that before. When in fact, they want us to believe, you have actually passed out for a brief second only coming to during the conscience event.
What? Exactly.

I, believe it is a fork in the road. We have been there before and we have been given a second chance to do it right this time. Maybe, it isn't the actual event but what follows, or the result of our action that we are getting the second chance to do. Bottom line is.. it is a blessing. I believe.

I have experienced Deja vu all my life. First really freaky time was when I was about four. My mother was learning to drive and her friend would sometimes take her out on country roads to learn and get comfortable. We drove past an old two story white house with tall angled pitch roofing. The house sat too far off the road to see any detail and we didn't stop but, I had a vision as clear today as it was that particular day. In a window on a wooden counter sat a white porcelain keg on a pedestal. It had some painting on it and it was pretty. I call it a keg because it had a whole in the front and sat on it's side on the pedestal as if it was suppose to have something flow from it. The painting on it was maroon and had flowers and pedals. Dainty and oh so pretty.

My mom continued on down the road.

I asked my mom if she saw it and tried to explain how pretty it was. She told me I was silly and to quit distracting her while she learned how to drive. I continued playing on the floor board in the back seat. That's right no seat belts. Life was easy back then wasn't it?

A couple of year's later I came home from school one day and my mom had some new things sitting on the table. Mom liked to go to garage and estate sales. It was frugal fun and an opportunity to chat with new people.

My mom began to show me the pretty little things she had found that day. There it was. The porcelain keg. I told her it was beautiful and asked her if she had gotten anything else from the big white house. She looked at me funny and asked what white house? I told her you know...the one we drove by. She said she never remembered driving by the house and why if we only drove by would I think the porcelain keg was from that house. I told her because I had seen it there. She laughed it off and told me witches are born good and to never allow the darkness in my heart. She was playing of course. I laughed and she tickled me and that was the end of it. She did admit it was from the white house.

There have been many instances of Deja vu in my life. Sometimes it may be a bit alarming. I have learned just in the past few years to accept them and pay attention when they occur. I truly try to make the best of them.

My most worrisome Deja vu are the conversation ones. I have literally been waiting for table at a restaurant and, while waiting to be seated I've witnessed an entire portion of the conversation that would soon take place word for word. You don't really grasp it's happening until the conversation begins in real time. It's a little unnerving to say the least especially when you know one of the participants is lying or being less than truthful. I almost want to preempt the next word but, it usually just stuns me and gives me bad feelings about the rest of the day.

One time along time ago. My kids dad, his brother and I were watching the Cowboys game on TV at home in our little trailer. I forget ironically why I had gotten upset but, as the two of them jumped up and down yelling in great excitement because they believed they had just one a bet as the Cowboys scored the touchdown while, embarking upon a come from behind win to add to the glory of the moment. I interrupted their moment. I clear as day told them both they were forgetting something. I saw it the moment they began to leave their seats and make such a ruckus. The extra point. They still needed the extra point to win the money and the game.They laughed and continued to celebrate. Moments later, the kick....and.....it's a miss! Really.

Needless to say another argument ensued and to this day when someone crosses me and the two of them are there they joke about that day. Sometimes they tell the story themselves to throw me off there radar I think. It is the funniest thing to see two grown men completely dumbfounded.

I've never tried to harness this for anything. I simply accept it for what it is. A fork in the road. I think we all have Dejavu just some of us are more open to it and try to use it in a positive way.

Dejavu to me is the opportunity to do something over. Take another turn. Make another choice. Each time it will get you a little farther down the path you were meant to take. Once you finally get all the choices made the right way,you are content and happy so maybe you move on to another place. Perhaps it's heaven.

I also believe while we continue to make this circle we almost always seek and come into contact with the same people. Perhaps different skin but, you've done it...haven't you? Met someone you are certain you've known before or had so much in common with, felt so at ease with you must have met them in the past. Sometimes you hear the expression that person has an old soul. Well, I believe they may indeed be on their final journey.

I believe some of us know when we are going to move on. We may not always really grasp it but, have you ever seen a sunrise or sunset and been just so taken by it, overwhelmed inside that if you could go that moment you would. Perhaps you did once upon a time.

My DD and PauPau have both left this place and moved on. Their son, my dad, had the pleasure of speaking with each one of them their final day. He says my PauPau said he saw a Dove in his room and it was singing. He says my DD said she could see white birds flying.They each died many years apart from each other.

When I was three or so my mother gave birth to my first little brother. He died soon after. I was too young they decided so they didn't tell me. I stayed with my grandparents DD and PauPau while my mother healed. I knew even though it wasn't told to me. Kids know something is wrong no matter how hard you try as a parent to hide it ....they know. I remember feeling sad yet calm when I heard the Morning Dove coo.

Later, in life my PauPau told me they were called Morning Doves because they only cooed in the morning. I usually hear them when I need comforting. My DD suggested to me once maybe the Morning Doves were angels. I've continued to find comfort in the coo of the Morning Dove and always think of my DD and PauPaw.

A couple of weeks ago Alan and I were driving out the drive way and  a Dove flew across our path. I asked Alan if he thought it was a Morning Dove? He immediately replied, " Morning Doves only come out in the morning...don't they?". I think it was an angel...My heart filled with thoughts of my DD, PauPaw and my mom.

Whether its the hiccups causing you to repeat or a Dejavu, take what you can from it.
Somethings are not meant to be explained but experienced. Don't worry about counting your blessings just be thankful and enjoy the ride. Be kind to one another.

I've always told my children. No matter how many miles or how much time there is between us I will always be with you. Look inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment